Tuesday, June 3, 2014

WHAT'S ON AND OFF THE NEEDLE THIS WEEK


Thought I'd bring you up to date on what I've been working on.

I finished my Woods and Water cowl using Madelinetosh Tosh Vintage in the colorway-Crumble, which is a burgundy/deep brick red and gold color.  This was terribly hard to photograph and after several tries, this was the best one I could come up with.  The yarn was not very soft to work with, but it's great now after giving it it's Soak wash and blocking.
 
The second project I've been working on is my Happy Dance Socks, which are actually just Plain Vanilla Socks, but so named because of their "happy" colors.   I had not knit socks in a while, but everything went fine until I got to the kitchener stitch at the bind off.  I sat in front of the YouTube and tried twice, had to rip back as I saw holes.  So for the 3rd time, I printed out the 4-step instructions in 25pt type on a piece of paper and followed along just fine.  Glad to get this one done and have now cast on for the 2nd one.


In the future, I am going to learn how to knit Toe-Up socks to avoid my problems with the kitchener.  I have this book by Wendy Johnson coming from Amazon tomorrow!
 Have a good week with your knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment