Thursday, July 1, 2010

Home from Travels

We had a great time on our recent trip to Boise, Idaho this past week. We spent the first night at our daughter's home in Richland, then drove south from there to Boise. We had our oldest grandaughter and one of the younger ones traveling with us, which made for some cute and interesting discussions in the car. The first night of the family reunion was a pizza party at Louie's, where we had wonderful food and a crowd of 30-40 family members. Lots of good time chatting with everyone. It's been 9 years since we've had a reunion, so lots of catching up to do. Friday, we all went to Julia Davis Park where the kids played softball and the grownups sat around doing more visiting. We had a great picnic lunch with the usual lots of food. I spent a good deal of the time talking with a cousin who is very excited about genealogy (which I do in my spare time), so we compared notes and I've promised to send her what information I have on parts of our family. Sunday afternoon after lunch at a brother-in-law's house, we traveled on to Nampa, Idaho and stayed with friends for 2 nights. Hubby played golf on Monday in the 100 degree temperatures! We also went to a barbecue at another friend's house.
As for knitting, I worked on my One Row Lace Scarf and it was up to 30 inches long when I discovered an error back down at around the 10 inch length. Because it is a lacy and columnar looking pattern, the mistake really showed up, so riding home in the car, I tinked it clear back to the mistake and corrected. This is a photo from the front seat of the van as we neared home, showing the trees and beautiful sky (and much cooler).

No comments:

Post a Comment