Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Time to Update

Wanted to comment on the recent Holiday Bazaar at our church. I made 40+ dishcloths - each one a different pattern and was able to sell 35 of them - with all the money going to help hurricane victims.
Just got home yesterday from a visit for 6 days to Pittsburgh to visit daughter, son-in-law and their two children. Had a great time and what a beautiful area. Historical houses, brick streets, and lots to see.
As soon as we got home, I dropped hubby at home and went to my LYS for the 2nd and final class on top down sleeveless raglan sweater. I'm making a size 6 for a grandaughter's Christmas gift. Well, I found out I didn't read the pattern properly: "repeat rows 1 and 2 20 times", means you should have 40 rows. Well I only did 20 before dividing off for the sleeves. When starting to do the sleeves I thought they were awfully small and instructor pointed out my error, so know it's a little "froggin" time back a little ways. Oh well, guess that's how I'll learn not to do it again.
Tomorrow it's time to do catch up laundry and work on the sweater some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment