Sunday, December 21, 2014

COUNTING DOWN!!

Well, I'm still way behind in my Christmas prep!  I still have candy-making and some baking to do.  Had to go out to the grocery store today for some ingredients and boy was that a mistake.  Terribly crowded - maybe it won't be so bad tomorrow as I still have a couple items they didn't have at the first store I went to and I wasn't about to try another one.

I did make 40 or so pieces of Slow Cooker Chocolate Candy this afternoon.  Talk about easy - you just layer dry roasted nuts, white chocolate, sweet chocolate and almond bark and let it melt on low for 3 hours, stir and spoon into paper muffin liners.  Remove paper when completely cool.   Here's the recipe:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/trisha-yearwood/slow-cooker-chocolate-candy-recipe.html?soc=sharingpinterest

 
I had an unexpected guest yesterday - my brother from Oregon, which was nice to spend some time with him.  But now I have to work extra hard to get everything done before our daughter and her family will arrive on Wednesday to spend 4 wonderful days with us.

So, don't expect any more posts from me until after Christmas.  Here's wishing my followers a beautiful and memorable Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment