Tuesday, February 1, 2011

January....movin' on to February!!!

While the Midwest and east coast are suffering from one snowstorm after another, we feel blessed to live in the Pacific Northwest and just have a lot of gray days, drizzle and occasional drizzle. However, this makes for good knitting weather.

I've been working on this hat for one of our daughters. She's been walking every day and with temperatures in the 30-40's, she wanted a hat. I'm making it from Sunshine Yarns Merino Worsted, and it feels very soft and yummy. I'll be seeing her on Saturday, so I can try it on to decide if it's time to start decreasing.

Today, while hubby was away golfing for the day, I paid a visit to a brand-new yarn shop in nearby Puyallup, WA. They are the one and only and everyone is very excited to see them come to town. Isn't this cute? Called YellowHouseYarns I forgot to show you what I bought at YellowHouse - my new and one and only LYS: This is Stonehedge Farm and Fiber Mill's Shepherd's Wool - seabreezze colorway (more green than this photo shows) and in a light worsted, or aran. Very soft and yummy! I don't know what it wants to be yet.

I'm still working away on my EveryLastYard cardigan. Some of our knitting group are already finished, but I'm working on the body so it's just knit-knit-knit. Thank goodness I have other projects to switch off to occasionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment