Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Not Too Old to Teach New Tricks

I can't believe I'm posting two days in a row, but I'm so excited that I learned a new knitting technique: backwards knitting! I taught myself from this YouTube video. This stitch, for those of you who follow me and are not knitters, is to knit backwards to avoid having to purl a whole row, particularly when you are doing lots of stockinette stitch. Also, I understand your knit stitch and backwards knit stitch are a more even tension.
We're having sunshine today (first time in quite a while), so I cast on the Baby Kina sweater this morning, and have only done two rows of backward knitting so far, and hopefully, I'll be speedier at it as I knit more rows. Loving this yarn and the color (see yesterday's post for yarn and color information).

No comments:

Post a Comment