Thursday, July 23, 2009

I'M DOING IT! DOING IT! DOING IT!


That means I'M DOING IT socks!!! As many of my friends know, I've had a hard time getting into socks. I took a class using dpn's about 3 years ago and made 2 or 3 pair, then took a magic loop class a year ago and for class, made a worsted weight pair. With the encouragement of many, last night I finally picked up some dreamy DIC Smooshy I won in a contest and cast on the Tidal Wave Socks and am using the Magic Loop method. The pattern called for a size 1 needle, which I must have in a bag with another project, so I'm doing these on 0size. I'm nearly through the ribbing and ready to start the pattern. I'll take this to our meet up at the local coffee shop tonight. I'm just hoping I can finish these without too much frustration.

Monday of this week we went over to Sequim (where we used to live) and visited with some friends over a wonderful lunch and then back to their beautiful home. Sequim is such a lovely area, and it felt "good" to return. We stayed at the Olympic Lodge in nearby Port Angeles. Nice hotel with a lobby that looks out onto a golf course Now is this a wonderful place to knit or what? I'm working here on my Mantra scarf, which is coming along nicely - only 48 more inches to go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment