Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Family and Knitting

Well, I have a variety of things to talk about on this post. First and foremost, we had family visiting from Pittsburgh, PA from last Friday until Monday. Our daughter, husband and their two adopted foster children were a delight to have around, and we all got together with our other daughter, husband and two girls several times over the weekend. I was sorry to see them leave. We went to a wild animal park - NORTHWEST TREK which is fairly close to our home. We rode the tram, as well as walked around to see the birds and animals. They are animals indigenous to the Northwest: black and grizzly bears, elk, moose, bison, wolves, fox, linx cats, etc.






My finished object of recent was a green striped dishcloth, and one 3-diamond spa towel. I'm still working on the second towel and then onto two washcloths. I'm also finishing up on the infamous granddaughter's sweater. I just have to redo the ribbing on the neck and weave in the ends and it'll be done. Hopefully she'll still get some wear out of it before the weather turns warm. I'm casting on the Taize lace scarf pattern of Susan Pandorf's design. She says it's a good beginner lace pattern. Also want to start a "real" pair of socks with sock yarn and size 1 or 0 needles. The only pair I've ever made was a "lesson" sock out of Cascade 220.

Tomorrow my hubby goes to see the oncologist and hopefully we'll find out exactly what kind of cancer he has and what the treatment program is and when it'll start. He's getting frustrated with all this waiting and I can't blame him.

No comments:

Post a Comment