Thursday, January 1, 2009

The New Year



I've been reading other knitter's blogs for the New Year and felt urged to do so myself. I usually don't make resolutions, then I'm not stressed to complete them. However, I have two unfinished projects that I'm going to push myself to get done - a shawl and the granddaughter's sweater. In fact, I'm getting the sweater out today to see where I went wrong. It's a top-down raglan and this person read the pattern wrong (I know, hard to believe isn't it), but after ripping back, I'm having trouble doing the raglan seam area. If I can't figure it out, I'll take it to my knitting meet-up this Saturday.

I went to my physical therapist and podiatrist both yesterday, and got released from all further treatment on my foot. I've had 2 major surgeries and then plantar fasciitis all on my left foot and have spent 3 years with not much walking, exercise, etc. So after jumping with joy, I was able to go out and walk around the block today - a big event for me. Now, I'll just need to keep increasing my distance and get up to walking several miles a day. Can hardly believe I'm done with therapy!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment