Thursday, December 25, 2008

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Merry Christmas to all of you out there. It's just the two of us spending the day quitely, after we got a call from our daughter saying both she and one of our granddaughters were sick with the flu this morning, and they were not going to be coming down to our house. What a bummer to be sick on Christmas Day. So, I don't have to fix a big dinner, and am in my office cleaning off my desk which I can no longer see the top of! Last night we went to the Christmas Eve service at our church. It's always a lovely, meaningful tradition for us - a great time to sing Christmas carols and hear the real meaning of Christmas.

I finished the garter stitch scarf I made as part of the monthly KAL class at my local Pacific Fabrics store. It was a challenge knitting the loop to pull one side of the scarf through, but figured it out. The yarn was quite splitty and I don't actually like the colorway. It looked good in the ball, but oh well, I did learn something new.

We still have snow on the ground (well over a week now), which is unusual for this part of the Northwest. Usually we have snow for a few days and it melts away. We're actually supposed to get more snow each of the next two days. We're all ready to be done with it.

Well, back to cleaning up this office.

No comments:

Post a Comment