Saturday, November 22, 2008

One of Those Days

My day started out good with our regular knitting meet-up at the Austin Chase coffeehouse in Graham. There were 8 of us and we sure had lots of great conversation going.
I brought along my gloves I've been working on forever, it seems, for advice from the more experienced ladies. They agreed with me that the area bound off for the thumb was too close to the wrist ribbing (and here I was 6 or 8 inches beyond there. Soooooo......I brought them home and frogged them. This time I'm going to try a pair of fingerless gloves for a Christmas gift. There are a lot of patterns for these on Ravelry whch I've fav'd - just have to decide which ones.
I also started a 2-color rolled brim hat today and have gotten a lot done on it. Nothing else is getting done, but oh well. I'm using Knitpicks Swish Worsted and loving the feel of it. I'm not too fond of the color combo I selected (the two colors looked good together in the skein, but not so well in the knitting). But, oh well, it's just for me and I'm liking it.

No comments:

Post a Comment