Sunday, January 4, 2015

BABY BLANKET WOES

I started a Sea of Dreams by Aimee Alexander baby blanket last year some time and really enjoyed the knitting.   However at about 25% complete, I had an error in the lacy pattern (take heed - I had no lifeline!).  After being dared to complete some of my unfinished objects, I picked up the blanket again as I had a new goal, my granddaughter is expecting our 2nd great-grandson the middle of this month, so I actually had someone to make it for.  Anyway, to make a long story short, I could never find where I was in the pattern so that I could correct the stitch count.   I ripped back about half of the amount I had knit and still couldn't get back on track.
So.... I completely frogged the project and started a new baby blanket pattern two days ago:  Kollage Yarns Luscious Baby Blanket.   It's a very simple 2-row pattern:  One Row - k2p2, and 2nd Row - knit entire row.  I should be able to handle this one.   I know I won't get this finished before the great-grandson is born, but if I really kick it into gear - it should be able to be mailed off by the end of this month.    I love this yarn and color:  Madeline Tosh Sock in Composition Book Grey.    His mom has decorated the baby's room in grey - See it was "meant to be".
Bowen Baby Blanket-1

No comments:

Post a Comment