Sunday, November 2, 2014

WHAT I'M UP TO?

I've been working along on the knit hat for the girl in our community just diagnosed with leukemia.  It seems like it's taking forever, but I really like the way it's turning out.   The "swirls" show up in the variegated yarn better than I thought they would.  I'm only a row or two short of where I'll start decreasing, so it'll go fast then.


However, I started another project!!!!  I certainly have a bad case of "startitis".  I think I can be forgiven a little bit though, because I'm using up some 5g mini skeins I purchased in 2007 as part of a KAL, which I never started.   At meetup yesterday, I asked for suggestions as to what I could do with these 20 skeins (about 18.5 yards each).  One of the ideas I liked was a chevron stripe scarf.  One skein knit about 2.5 inches, so a 50" scarf - which isn't long enough.   I started going through bins this afternoon and found lots of fingering yarn leftovers from socks, etc.  I'll mingle these into the scarf, also, to make it somewhere between 60" and 70"
I've been working on it since last night, but haven't decided if I want the color changes to be wherever I run out of a color, or if at the end of a row to make it look "neater", rather than "wilder".   I'm more of a "neater" look to the rows, where if I gift it to a one of my 3 granddaughters (all teenagers), they would probably like the "wilder" look.  Such a dilemma.





No comments:

Post a Comment