Sunday, June 29, 2014

ANXIETY KNITTING!!

I can't seem to keep my mind on doing "constructive things", like laundry that I'm behind on, catch up on my bookkeeping, or knitting anything very complicated, so decided it was time to write a new blog.

I think part of what's causing this crazy feeling is that our daughter, husband and 2 kids are in the air right now, flying back to the U.S. after living in Doha, Qatar for a while and I'm both anxious and excited.  Anxious because of all the turmoil happening in the Middle East, and excited to see them and hug those grandchildren!!   They are now going to be living in Las Vegas and we hope they stay there for a while - of course, this depends on son-in-law's company.  At least they'll be reasonably close to us now and we'll get to see them more often.  It's about a 6 hr drive from our place.

I've been trying to work on my Sea of Dreams baby blanket (a new great-grandbaby coming next spring, and on my 2nd Happy Dance Sock.  I'm having trouble really getting into either one of them right now and can't "count" correctly!!

SO......instead, I started these yesterday at our knitting meetup and so far am enjoying the "simpleness".  I'll finish the 2nd one and knit the green one today, then maybe my mind will go back to work on the complicated projects I have to work on.  Right?  Right!   

So long for now, and happy knitting to you!



No comments:

Post a Comment