Friday, September 17, 2010

Our Trip South and Back

Over a week ago, hubby and I traveled to southern Idaho for his All-Class Reunion at Weiser, Idaho. It's a long 9-hour drive, but on the good side, I got lots of knitting time in. I worked on this One Row Lace Scarf by Turvid in beautiful Willow Green in Sirdar Snuggly Baby Bamboo DK. I finished up one ball, and didn't bring any additional along, so had to work on another project that took too much attention to be done in the car (or anywhere else for that matter). The Bamboo yarn is delightful to work with, draping nicely and definitely shows off the lacy pattern.
After spending five days in the Boise area (temp in the high 70's and low 80's), we headed back north. Stopped in the Tri-Cities area and stayed with our daughter, son-in-law and our two grandchildren, as well as son-in-laws parents who were visiting from Kansas. Was good to see everyone - watched g-daughter practice with her swim team; had a little excitement when their BBQ caught on fire, well-seared the meat on the grill, and melted the knobs, etc. so we went out for pizza.

We headed home the next day and drove through Mt. Rainier National Park on Hwy 410 over Cayuse and Chinook Pass. Stopped and took lots of pictures as the scenery was spectacular. First time we had traveled this way - it's a little longer, but very beautiful. Saw spots of snow up at the top, and of course Mt. Rainier has lots of snow.
When I got home, I had this waiting for me in my mailbox: Sunshine Yarns Merino Worsted in Edward's Volvo color. This is for a knit hat for hubby. Now all I have to do is get him to tell me which pattern he wants - and this may be a chore.
Spent today with the wonderful laundry catch-up, and hopefully can get in some knit time tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment