Saturday, July 31, 2010

A Not-So-Good Day Ends In A GREAT Day!

Okay - to start out with the not-so-good day, I went to Part II of my Toe-Up Sock Class at my LYS to learn how to do short-row heels. I think I'm thoroughly confused, but we'll see how it goes when I try it on my own socks. Today we just used scrap yarn and practiced. Seems very difficult to me - guess I'm kinda dense.

From the class I went to my local knitting meet-up group at Forza Coffee, had a great latte and sat back and enjoyed the conversation. I needed that "wind-down" from the tension of the fingers doing the short rows.

Then from there I went home and in my mailbox was my wonderful Sunshine Yarn from their latest update. I haven't decided what to knit with either of these for the Sunshine-A-Long starting tomorrow, August 1st. Probably will knit a pair of socks.
The top yarn is Sunshine Yarns Classic Superwash "Hunting Wildflowers", and the bottom color is
"Over The Rainbow".
Sunshine Yarns - Hunting Wildflowers & Over the Rainbow

No comments:

Post a Comment