Wednesday, July 1, 2009

4th of July

With the 4th of July coming up on us, it's time to celebrate the great country we live in. Nearly everyone on our street has their flag flying high out front, and it does one's heart good to see. We're having beautiful weather here in the Pacific Northwest - 80's up to 90's by the weekend. Unusually warm, but loving it. Hubby and I are going to Tri-Cities area of Washington on Friday and come back on Saturday. Our #1 daughter and family are moving back west after a year in Pittsburgh and are we ever happy about that. They are the ones who adopted two foster children and now we'll get to see much more of them. They'll only be 3-1/2 hours away now.
Knitting wise, I finished up the Mini Mochi scarf

Am still working on the baby cardi sweater. Have one sleeve sewed into the armhole, but don't like the looks of my work, so going to take it to the next KAL meet-up for some suggestions on how to make it look nicer.


Also working on the Taize scarf. I don't know if I'm cut out to be a lace knitter, and this isn't a real difficult pattern, but I sure get off count on every lace row and have to tink back and start the row over. It is fun though, and going to beautiful if and when it's ever finished.
I don't believe I ever posted the finished spa sets I made, one blue and one teal. They turned out quite nice and will be sold at our church bazaar in November.

No comments:

Post a Comment