Sunday, December 14, 2008

ACCOMPLISHMENT

Those of you who have followed my progress road starting from dishcloths/washcloths, know I have been hesitant to "branch out" to other more difficult projects.

WELL.....I finished my first pair of socks after taking a 3-class session at my LYS. Had a wonderful teacher and it all went pretty smoothly. Now I just need to start another pair in a sock yarn and see how I do on my own.


Finished the Dolores Park Cowl. After first making it with 60 cast on stitches I found it was way too large, so frogged and re-knit with 40 cast on and it fits just perfect and there was plenty of yarn (Patons Shepherd Chunky Tweed) to finish with just less than one skein. This was a quick (2-hr.) knit and the yarn is so soft next to the skin.

I'm now working on a Garter Stitch Scarf found in the 101 Designer One-Skein book with a Sierra Pacific Katyil wool/soybean - yummy soft yarn, but sorta splitty. This scarf is for the Monthly KAL at my local Pacific Fabrics store



I wanted to show you a picture of Mt. Rainier that I took several days ago with what's called lenticular clouds that make the mountain look like it's exploding. Really was quite spectacular.

No comments:

Post a Comment